This is a really simple way to use the superfood matcha with your protein powder treat.
It’s healthy and looks delicious.
How to mix matcha if you don’t have that fancy tea whisk?
You can still use matcha powder even if you don’t have a bamboo tea whisk. The whisk makes it easier and a little faster to create a smooth matcha mixture, but if you don’t have it, use a regular metal spoon.
- Put a spoonful of matcha into a cup.
- Boil some water, you need only a little. Use the water hot but not boiling.
- Pour a small amount of water on the matcha powder, just enough to cover it.
- Whisk it with the spoon until you have a smooth thick paste.
- Pour in a little more water.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Repeat 5+6 until you have the desired consistency.
Which kind of yoghurt base is best?
For an extra protein hit you should use low-fat high-protein greek yoghurt, but any plain yoghurt will do.
Remember that your macros and calories per cup will change depending on which kind of yoghurt you use though!
- 1 cup
- 10 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 1 scoop white chocolate protein powder
- 100 g low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 3 tablespoon hot water
- Put a tablespoon of matcha powder into a cup and mix it with 2-3 tablespoons of hot water. The mixture should be quite runny but not transparent.
- Measure 100g of plain yoghurt into a bowl.
- Add a scoop of protein powder with white chocolate flavor. Vanilla will work too.
- Mix the yoghurt with the protein thoroughly into a smooth cream.
- Carefully pour the matcha over the yoghurt mixture.
- Let your protein dessert chill in the fridge for 5 minutes.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog